Kailash Helicopter Tour from Lucknow Full moon Mansarovar Lake on 25 September 2018 (Purnima)
Hindus believe Mount Kailash as the holy abode of Lord Shiva and goddess Parvati. Kailash Parbat (mountain), situated at an elevation of 6714meters is also believed to be the meditating spot of Lord Buddha. All in all it is the center of holy faith among the follower of four different religions, Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Bonpo.
Tibet has become the world famous pilgrimage destination as it is home to the sacred Mount Kailash and Lake Mansarovar. People from across the world come to visit this region with the belief of getting release from the clutches of ignorance & delusion of life.
Four holy rivers of Asia namely, The Brahmaputra, The Ganges, The Indus and The Sutlej have been originated from this bulky Peak. To circumambulate the periphery of this mountain, popularly known as ‘Kailash Korra’ is believed to provide Ultimate Salvation.: Mokshya.
The sacred Lake Mansarovar is another important pilgrimage destination for the pilgrims travelling to Kailash region. It is situated just beside Mount Kailash. Originally, the meaning of Mansarovar is ‘Consciousness of Mind’. Lord Gautama Buddha is believed to have obtained Enlightenment meditating on the bank of this Lake. Hence, drinking its pure water, taking holy dip into it and circumambulating the periphery of this gigantic Lake is believed to provide one with knowledge to the fullest. Peace from within and rest of the world is the reward of accepting the arduous journey to mount Kailash and Mansarovar. Despite of fluctuating temperature, difficult trial and extreme climatic condition, people are attracted towards this trip from the perspective of both religious and significance.
The spirituality of this Lake is found to have been mentioned in various ancient sculptures as well. The exclusive beauty of nature blending with religious value makes the Lake much precious. The eight different monasteries surrounding the Lake add to the energy and excitement of the devotees. But, it is not so easy to accept this trial as it takes 3-4 days in average to complete the single rotation of this gigantic Lake. Other adventure lovers or new pilgrims may even take 5-7 days for the same rotation. Despite of the hurdles, ultimate peace and positive sensation is the reward of experiencing the serene and religious fragrance of these beautiful regions. Monterosa Treks and Expedition is a travel company at Kathmandu that organize holy trip to these regions every year. Please remember us to join in our trip for this year. We heartily welcome you. Here is our itinerary for this year.
- 53 km Kailash Parikrama / Kora/round, 38 km must be walk/trek from Yamdwar to Chongdo. There is no any car/bus and jeep service available. So, everybody should walk or ride horse. It is also possible to hire pony and local porter for 3 days.
- Age limit for enrolling Kailash tour is 12-65 year old for Indian passport holder. 12-60 year old people can only do Kora and 61-65 year old people can travel only up to Yamdwar. Although you don’t need any heath certificate from doctor you need to be physically fit for Kailash and Mansarovar tour.
- The minimum age restriction for other country passport holder is 10 years old while there is no such maximum age limit.
- Your passport must have at least 6 months or more validation from travel date.
- Though popular as Shiva’s abode, we cannot see any temple of Lord Shiva but at Khojarnath there is the temple of Lord Ram, Sita & Laxman in Khojarnath. You can see Rashes Lake one the way.
- Hor - Chiu Gompa (Nearby Manasarovar Lake)- Darchen - Yamadwar - Darchen – Hor. Eco vehicle blue bus must be used compulsorily for travelling which we can get from Nagri Tourism of Bureau in Darchen.
- Every Yatri have Life, Medical, Rescue Jeep or Helicopter insurance before getting enrolled in Kailash Tour. Do insurance at home country.
- We provide Pressure checking machine, Oxygen level checking machine, enough oxygen bottle, Mask-regulator & Medicine Dimox (Latitude medicine) for safe journey.
Helicopter Kailash tour from Lakhanau
19 August 2018 Day 01: After your arrival at Lucknow airport we drive you to Nepalgunj if you are more than 10 members otherwise you have to come yourself to Nepalgunj Hotel. The distance is just 4 hours drive. Spend overnight at hotel.
20 August 2018 Day 02: Early in the morning, fly to Simikot from Nepalgunj. After arriving at Simikot, check in hotel or guest house. You can visit Simikot bazaar and popular temple of Lord Shiva at Simikot. Stay overnight at Simikot.
21 August 2018 Day 03: After taking breakfast early in the morning, get down at Simikot airport. Fly for 25 minutes in a small helicopter with 5-6 seats from Simikot to Hilsa. After crossing the Nepal-Tibet boarder drive to Purang / Taklakot. Overnight will be spent in hotel.
22 August 2018 Day 04: Get refreshed and try to acclimatize in Purang/Taklakot
23 August 2018 Day 05: Mansarovar is target destination so drive towards it. Overnight will be spent at Guest House (4550m). Then, short drive to Mansarovar Lake from Purang. Spend a whole day performing religious activities and bathing at bank of Mansarovar Lake. It will enhance your adjustment in that climate.
24 August 2018 Day 06: Drive to Yamadwar (Gate of Heaven) and begin Kailash Parikrama. After reaching Juthul puk, stay overnight at Guest house (4909).Then, drive for about 7 km to Yamadwar from Darchen and start walking toward Derapuk. Helper and horse will be there together with those who have booked for them. It is just 4/5 hours easy walk.
25 August 2018 Day 07: This is the second day of Kailash Parikrama. You reach to Juthul puk (4760m) and stay Overnight at Guest House. Next day, start Parikrama from very early in the morning. It is quiet tough today as you need to cross highest DormaLa Pass (5613m). It takes around 8/9 hours to reach Juthul puk gompa for a night stay.
26 August 2018 Day 08: This day, we are at the end of Kailash Korra. Drive back to Taklakot/Purang and stay overnight at Hotel. Then there is easy walk after you take your breakfast. After about 3 hours, take same vehicle from Chongdo and reach to Darchen, take Lunch, drive to Mansarovar Lake. Full moon in Mansarovar Lake (Purnima)
27 August 2018 Day 09: Drive towards Nepal-Tibet board, cross friendship bridge (Miteri Bridge), reach Hilsa and catch helicopter to fly back to Nepalgunj. Stay overnight at hotel then drive with Tibetan transportation up to Nepal-Tibet boarder. You need to walk and cross immigration. Then you reach Hilsa and catch helicopter to Simikot. There is a regular flight to Nepalgunj, you take a flight and transfer to board for final destination in Lucknow. This is how your trip ends.
Cost; NRIs or Foreigners/tourists passport holder (group join basis / privet)
Per person USD 3000 + 175 Visa fee US passport holder = 3175
Per person USD 3000 + 155 Visa fee Canadian passport holder = 3155
Per person USD 3000 + 85 Visa fee other passport holder = 3085
4 star hotel Nepalgunja, Nepal, 4 star hotel in Taklakot and Darchen
Single supplement USD 250 per person (who use single room in Nepal)
Indian Passport holder (Group Join basis/ privet)
Per person INR 1,65,00 (minimum 17 Person) 4 star hotel in Nepalgunja Nepal,
4 star hotel in Taklakot and Darchen
Single supplement INR 3500 / 2500 person (who use single room Nepal
- 1 night- Nepalgunja, 1night Simikot double bed-sharing basis
- Nepalgunja - Simikot – Nepalgunja scheduled fixed wing flight
- Simikot-Hilsa-Simikot(Charter flight 5-6 persons) 1helicopter
- Tibetan guide for Kailash tour from Hilsa, Nepali team leader
- Supporting cooking team - assistant Sherpa guide for Kailash
- Life, medical insurance- Nepali team leader Kailash tour staff
- Chef cook (who can prepare vegetarian dishes) cook & helper
- All guesthouse / mud houses during Kailash -Mansarovar tour
- Deluxe luxury air-condition coach(India passport holder/NRIs)
- Support truck carrying Kailash food, luggage and Nepali staff
- Oxygen cylinder, mask - regulator Kailash for emergency use
- Upper Humla permit for helicopter and clients trekking permit
- Yak and yak man for mount Kailash Parikrama (Kailash Kora)
- All entrance and conservation fee of Nepal and mount Kailash
- A duffel bag, completed certificate for Mt. Kailash (if required)
- Travel permit and Tibet visa Kailash tour all Yatri, Nepali staff
- Baggage allow per person 15kg total who travel by helicopter
- Day back pack 3 days Kailash Kora
- Travel insurance for life and medical
- Nepal re-entry visa fee for tourist/NRIs
- Domestic excess baggage cargo cost
- Beverages(cold drinks & hard drinks)
- Photography and telephone charges
- Additional expenses incase-bad weather
- Emergency evacuation expenses in case
- Tips for Tibetan / Nepali guide and staff
- Sleeping bag, down Jackets
Packing list for Kailash Yatra
- Small back is pack for 3 days Kailash Parikrama/Kora
- Basic medicines (for minor injuries or life saving kit)
- Any regular medicines that you have been prescribed
- Toiletries kit (Shop, shampoo, toothpaste, tooth brush)
- Water bottle / Thermos flask for hot water (2 litters)
- Sport shoes good for walking for Kailash Kora, gloves
- Woolen socks (minimum 4 pairs) Torch light, rain coat
- Wool / Thermo cot undergarments for Kailash tour
- Shirt and pants which is easier to be while doing Kora)
- Sunglasses, Sun lotion/cold cream - Kailash tour/Yatra
- Sweets, Zinger/garlic candies, dry fruits, lozenges, etc
- Enough warm clothing for mount Kailash Yatra / tour
- Cancellation made up to 7 days before the trip departure will incur a 50% fee of the total trip cost
- Cancellation made less than 1 week before departure/upon arrival in KTM will be charged full price
Notice for Helicopter Route:
- Visa for Indian passport holder should be received from Chinese embassy in New Delhi.
- 5 days before departure, original passport must be sent to New Delhi office for assessment.
- If Indian passport holder lives out of India, Passport should be sent 5 days earlier in New Delhi, India.
- India to Kathmandu journey can be set with Voter Id as well and you will get your passport just a day before Kailash tour departure.
- If we do not receive your passport on time, you may lose your tour package as we cannot guarantee your visa.
- You cannot depend upon us for two cases, 1. Weather condition, 2. Tibet Visa and Permit.
- We recommend our Yatris not to take helicopter for Kailash Tour because of unpredictable weather. You may face difficulties on the way to Kailash and while returning back. At least 3 extra days should be invested for relax journey. The route of Nepalgunja – Simikot or Simikot - Nepalgunja has the most fluctuating weather condition. The cost of extra days exceeding the original itinerary will be added on the shoulder of the travelers themselves. The cost per day is USD 35 or INR 2200. Helicopter charge is excluded from this cost for the flight journey. The charger cost must be bear by the travelers if they wish to travel by helicopter.
- Every traveler must do insurance for rescue helicopter, land transportation and medical expenses.
- In case of delay of Visa from Chinese Embassy, the cost of extra day’s exceeding our original itinerary; accommodation should be bear by travelers.
- We request every traveler including NRIs not to choose helicopter route and follow Land route. The land journey will be from 01 September 2017.
In land route, travelers will have flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa. Then they will be overland to Shigatse then Saga and then Kailash Manasarovar circumambulation.
Or, we can directly fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa then to Ali airport from Lasha. Mansarovar Lake is just 200 km drive from Ali Airport and Mount Kailash is nearby Mansarovar. We will do Kailash and Mansarovar Circumambulation and return back.
- We organize Kailash-Mansarovar tour as per our guests’ interest and time schedule. We can make both Land Journey and Flight Journey. But, the extra cost excluding our original itinerary should be bear by the guests themselves. Booking is open at Monterosa Treks and Expedition for Kailash-Mansarovar Holy Tour. Haar Haar Mahadev.