Full moon night in Mansarovar Lake on 28 June 2018 (Purnima)
Though people follow different religion their ultimate faith is on the existence of omnipotent and omniscient Power that is God. Mount Kailash (6714m), situated in China’s autonomous region of Tibet is perceived differently by different religion followers. Hindu believe it as an abode of Hindu God, Lord Shiva and goddess Parvati, Buddhist as dwelling of lord Buddha, Jain as a place for liberation of their first saint and Bon- pon as a Pillar of universe which is also the savior of entire world.
Tibet has become the most renowned pilgrimage destination as it is sacred home to Mount Kailash and Mansarovar Lake. Accepting the harsh journey of circumambulating the KailashParvat with 53 km of its peripheries on foot to have the divine view of Shiva’s abode is to attain release from the clutches of vices of life. Kailash region can be a best area for the nature lover to explore the diverse flora and fauna with the diverse landscape.
Yamadwar’ is the initial spot, from where the arduous KailashKora (Circuit) begins. It is called the Gate of heaven. Those who cannot proceed can round the Yamadwar and return back as well. This semblance them that they circumambulate Mount Kailash. There are different mythologies associated to this place. People believe rounding this holy Kailash Parvat (Mountain) they can get rid of all sins and bad deeds which they committed knowingly and unknowingly in the life time. Some just round on foot while some pilgrims bend downs, kneels, prostrates full length, makes a mark with fingers, rises to his knees, prays and then crawls forward on hands and knees to the mark made by his/her fingers before repeating the process, which is merely hard to do. However the true dedications with right intention of mind make the pilgrims easier to complete their pilgrimage.
Manasarovar Lake: In between Mount Kailash and Mount Gurla Mandata (7728m) there is another important pilgrimage destination which falls in the Kailash region that is Mansarovar Lake (4580m). The name of this lake has been derived from Sanskrit language “Manas” meaning mind or consciousness and “Sarovar” means Lake.
This lake also has age long religious and spiritual significance. It is believed that this lake is named as Mansarovar to show omnipotence of Brahma (god of creator). Buddhist believes it as a place where Lord Buddha meditated to get enlightenment. There is another Lake nearby Mansarovar that is Rachhas Tal which is often known as Lake of demon. It is said that previously the water of Rachhas Tal was poisonous and then a golden fish from Mansarovar enter into this Lake neutralizing its poison. Hence drinking water of the lake and dipping into the cold water of this holy Lake is believed to the means of getting ultimate Salvation purifying oneself from all bad deeds of our life. If you want to explore this holy place, it is just far from our sight not far from our reach. Hurry up. For booking please contact The Travel Company, Monterosa. We are always here to serve you.
Meeting point: After Arrival to Tribhuvan International Airport at Kathmandu as per your time table, you will be received by our staffs.
- 53 km Kailash Parikrama / Kora / round must be walk/trek from Yamdwar to Chongdo, which is 38km. No any car/bus and jeep Service will be available so everybody should walk or ride horse. Pony and local porter can be hired for 3 days.
- One should adjust in basic service guest house, lodges/mud houses during Kailash tour
- Passport validation must be at least 6 month or more.
- In Kailash region, there is no any temple of Lord Shiva but we can see the temple of Lord Ram, Sita and Laxman in Khojarnath on the way to Mansarovar Lake which is 15 km far from Hilsa boarder Nepal Tibet boarder.
- Hilsa - Chiu Gompa - Darchen - Yamadwar - Darchen – Hor – Manasarovar Lake. Eco vehicle blue bus must be used compulsorily which we can get from Nagri Tourism of Bureau in Darchen.
Mount Kailash and Mansarovar Yatra with Helicopter
20 June 2018 Day 01: You will be welcomed by your staffs at Tribhuvan International Airport and taken to Hotel. In evening, there will be visit to Pashupatinath Temple for Arati. You will be staying overnight at hotel.
21 June 2018 Day 02: In Kathmandu, you visit to pay homage to the biggest Hindu temple, Pashupatinath. After that, there will be orientation of Kailash Tour. In Afternoon, you transfer to domestic Kathmandu Airport and fly to Nepalgunja (450m). It is 55 minutes flight and then.
22 June 2018 Day 03: From Nepalgunja, 45 minutes flight takes you to Simikot (2950m). Take Lunch and in the afternoon walk down to visit Shiva Temple for holy Darshan.
23 June 2018 Day 04: After having breakfast early in the morning, get down at Simikot airport to fly in a small helicopter with 5-6 seats from Simikot to Hilsa. It is 25 minutes flight. After crossing the Nepal-Tibet boarder drive to for 1 hour to Purang / Taklakot and stay overnight in hotel.
24 June 2018 Day 05: Drive for 3 hours to Mansarovar Lake (4580m). Circumambulate Mansarovar and take holy bath in its water. Do Puja, rituals & drive to Darchen. You will stay overnight in 4 star Hotel.
25 June 2018: Day 06: Free day and acclimatize yourself in Purang/Taklakot
26 June 2018 Day 07: Drive to Yamdwar (Tarboche) for 2 hours. It is the starting point of Kailash Parikarma. Trek to Dirapuk (4860m) by walking for 6-7 hours. Stay overnight at Shishapangma guesthouse.
27 June 2018 Day 08: Trek to Dolma La pass (5636m), Trek to Zutulpuk (4790m). It is 10-11 hours walk. Then, stay overnight at basic guesthouse in Zuthulpuk.
28 June 2018 Day 09: You should Trek to Chongdo then drive to Mansarovar Lake (4580m) and stay overnight at guesthouse/Mud house. (Full moon night in Manasarovar Lake)
29 June 2018 Day 10: In the morning, drive to Purang and Hilsa. From Hilsa, take Helicopter to fly to Simikot. If available, take flight to Nepalgunja, and then Kathmandu and you will be transferred to hotel. But, if it is not possible, you should stay 1 night in Simikot or Nepalgunja. So, Itinerary will be of 11 days.
30 June 2018 Day 11: You will be taken to Airport from Hotel for your final departure.
Cost: Join basis / Privet tour
NRIs / tourist: 5 Star Deluxe room Radisson (International standard) hotel in Kathmandu
Package A: American citizen per person USD 3475 + Visa fee USD 175 - Total USD 3650
Package B: Canadian citizen per person USD 3475 + Visa fee USD 155 - Total USD 3630
Package C: Other citizen per person USD 3475 + Visa fee USD 85 - Total USD 3560
Single Supplementary USD 400 (If take single room) but not every place in Tibet.
NRIs / tourist: 5 Star Deluxe hotel in Kathmandu Nepali standard
Package D: American citizen per person USD 3000 + Visa fee USD 175 - Total USD 3175
Package E: Canadian citizen per person USD 3000 + Visa fee USD 155 - Total USD 3155
Package F: Other citizen per person USD 3000 + Visa fee USD 85 - Total USD 3085
Single Supplementary USD 350 (If take single room) but not every place in Tibet.
Indian Passport holder (Group Join basis/ privet)
Per person INR 1, 80,000 (17 Person or more) deluxe 5 star Radisson in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu arrival - transfer to hotel-welcome drink, briefing
- Darshan Pashupatinath evening arati - next day morning also
- 2 nights hotel Kathmandu-all meals-2 bed room sharing basis
- Hotels double bed sharing, guesthouse/mud house 4 bed room
- Kathmandu - Nepalgunja - Simikot-Kathmandu-scheduled flight
- Simikot - Hilsa - Simikot(Charter flight 5-6 persons) 1helicopter
- Tibetan guide for Kailash tour from Hillsa, Nepali team leader
- Supporting cooking team - assistant Sherpa guide for Kailash
- Life, medical insurance- Nepali team leader Kailash tour staff
- Chef cook (who can prepare vegetarian dishes) cook & helper
- All guesthouse / mud houses during Kailash -Mansarovar tour
- Deluxe luxury air-condition coach(India passport holder/NRIs)
- Support truck carrying Kailash food, luggage and Nepali staff
- Oxygen cylinder, mask - regulator Kailash for emergency use
- Upper Humla permit for helicopter and clients trekking permit
- Yak and yak man for mount Kailash Parikrama (Kailash Kora)
- All entrance and conservation fee of Nepal and mount Kailash
- A duffel bag, completed certificate for Mt. Kailash (if required)
- Travel permit and Tibet visa Kailash tour all Yatri, Nepali staff
- Baggage allowed per person 15kg total who travel helicopter
- Rudra Avishek - hom with 11Braman Poojari in Pasupatinath
- 1 Pandit in Mansasarovar full moon day / Evening do pooja
- Day back pack 3 days Kailash Parikram
- Travel insurance for life and medical
- Nepal re-entry visa fee for tourist/NRIs
- Domestic excess baggage cargo cost
- Beverages(cold drinks & hard drinks)
- Photography and telephone charges
- Additional expenses incase-bad weather
- Emergency evacuation expenses in case
- Tips for Tibetan / Nepali guide and staff
Packing list For Kailash Yatra
- Small back is pack for 3 days KailashParikrama/Kora
- Basic medicines (for minor injuries or life saving kit)
- Any regular medicines that you have been prescribed
- Toiletries kit (Shop, shampoo, toothpaste, tooth brush)
- Water bottle / Thermos flask for hot water (2 litters)
- Sport shoes good for walking for KailashKora, gloves
- Woolen socks (minimum 4 pairs) Torch light, rain coat
- Wool / Thermo cot undergarments for Kailash tour
- Shirt and pants which is easier to be while doing Kora)
- Sunglasses, Sun lotion/cold cream - Kailash tour/Yatra
- Sweets, Zinger/garlic candies, dry fruits, lozenges, etc
- Enough warm clothing for mount KailashYatra / tour
- Kindly consult your doctor and get yourself examined for Spiritual Kailash Manasarovar tour
- As Holy mount Kailash & lake Manasarovar is situated at high altitudes please start exercises like walking, jogging, yoga meditation and other breathing exercises in order to have a make successful holy tour
- Kindly get yourself a Travel medical insurance for this Kailash Manasarovar tour. Please make sure you cover yourself for emergency evacuation (helicopter), road transportation and hotel accommodation in the insurance.
- Every Yatri have Life, Medical, Rescue Jeep or Helicopter insurance before getting enrolled in Kailash Tour. Do insurance at home country.
Oxygen is less at higher altitudes. The inclement weather and high altitude induces certain illness generally not encountered over the plains. Headache, nausea, lassitude, lethargy, breathlessness, general uneasiness [malaise], high irritability, light loss of balance, disorientation, incoherence and insomnia are a few. It is common to all irrespective of the age, sex and physical fitness. Gradual acclimatization is the best answer. Tranquilizers, sleeping dose and strong anti-biotic must be avoided. Some of symptoms indicate that the body mechanism is readjusting to new environments. The best idea is deliberately slow down all the activities and follows the following rules:
- Relax-do not exert, be excited, make rest if need
- Reduce talking each other
- Walk slowly – adopt one third of your speed and space.
- Keep your load light.
- Walk for 30 minutes and rest for 5 minutes
- Whenever you feel uncomfortable, just stop; rest and relax.
- Ignore the sudden outbursts of fellow pilgrims and avoid arguments.
- Observe silence with smile.
- Never go too high and too fast.
- Consume plenty of liquids; never proceed with an empty stomach.
- Chant a prayer or visualize everything around to suit your pleasant thoughts or put on the earphones and listen to your favorite music, Bhajans, chanting etc.
- Be careful not to catch a cold. It is better to be over clothed than under protected. En-route avoids taking bath or drinking water from Lake Streams or rivers, as your system is not conditioned for this.
- Protect yourself against dust and direct sunshine during the long stretches of driving. Face, feet and hands must be well protected.
- The uneven ground, steep slope and slushy banks are full of potholes. Do not combine walking and sightseeing together.
- Always listen to your guide or the one with experience. Never leave the group.
- On this trip, over exertion is to be avoided and drinking plenty of fluids is recommendable. During winter
- 50% cancellation charges of the rate package cost incase cancellation is received between 7 – 15 days of departure.
- No refund in case cancellation is done after your Kailash permit and Tibet visa.
- A client on his/her own will make no refund or adjustment in the event of interruption of journey after commencement of the tour.
- Any changes in given itinerary requested by the client will be on chargeable basis.
- Extra accommodation in Kathmandu over 2 nights for Helicopter and 3 nights for via Lhasa as per itinerary due to early arrival from home or Kailash, rescue charges, medical bills are bill direct to Yatris.
- If the trip is disturbed in case of Visa/ permit problem create from Tibet, or any other reason, which is not in our hand, it is client’s own risk and clients pay all the expenses.
- During the Kailash Manasarovar tour, if any Yatri in case of sick or will cancel trip not doing complete tour, the package cost is 100% not refunded.
Hotels & Guesthouses In Above Package:
Kathmandu = Hotel Radisson or Hotel Shangri-La
Nepalgunja = Hotel Cynett Krishna inn /Hotel Sidhartha
Taklakot = Hotel Himalaya or Similar
Manasarovar Lake = Guesthouse (basic dormitory room)
Diraphuk = Shishapangma guesthouse (basic dormitory room)
Zuthulphuk = Guesthouse (basic dormitory room)
Hilsa Nepal = Guesthouse (basic dormitory room)
Notice for Helicopter Route:
- Visa for Indian passport holder should be received from Chinese embassy in New Delhi.
- 5 days before departure, original passport must be sent to New Delhi office for assessment.
- If Indian passport holder lives out of India, Passport should be sent 5 days earlier in New Delhi, India.
- India to Kathmandu journey can be set with Voter Id as well and you will get your passport just a day before Kailash tour departure.
- If we do not receive your passport on time, you may lose your tour package as we cannot guarantee your visa.
- You cannot depend upon us for two cases, 1. Weather condition, 2. Tibet Visa and Permit.
- We recommend our Yatris not to take helicopter for Kailash Tour because of unpredictable weather. You may face difficulties on the way to Kailash and while returning back. At least 3 extra days should be invested for relax journey. The route of Nepalgunja – Simikot or Simikot - Nepalgunja has the most fluctuating weather condition. The cost of extra days exceeding the original itinerary will be added on the shoulder of the travelers themselves. The cost per day is USD 35 or INR 2200. Helicopter charge is excluded from this cost for the flight journey. The charger cost must be bear by the travelers if they wish to travel by helicopter.
- Every traveler must do insurance for rescue helicopter, land transportation and medical expenses.
- In case of delay of Visa from Chinese Embassy, the cost of extra day’s exceeding our original itinerary; accommodation should be bear by travelers.
- We request every traveler including NRIs not to choose helicopter route and follow Land route. The land journey will be from 01 September 2017.
In land route, travelers will have flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa. Then they will be overland to Shigatse then Saga and then Kailash Manasarovar circumambulation.
Or, we can directly fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa then to Ali airport from Lasha. Mansarovar Lake is just 200 km drive from Ali Airport and Mount Kailash is nearby Mansarovar. We will do Kailash and Mansarovar Circumambulation and return back.
- We organize Kailash-Mansarovar tour as per our guests’ interest and time schedule. We can make both Land Journey and Flight Journey. But, the extra cost excluding our original itinerary should be bear by the guests themselves. Booking is open at Monterosa Treks and Expedition for Kailash-Mansarovar Holy Tour. Haar Haar Mahadev.