Full moon night in Mansarovar Lake on 26 August 2018 (Janai Purnima)
Lhasa, the capital of China’s autonomous region of Tibet is an artistic city lying at an altitude of 3650 meters from the sea level. Lhasa consists of unique houses the ancient Potala Palace, Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery, Jokhang Temple and the Norbulunka. Some of its places have been designated as a world heritage site by UNESCO too. The fascinating culture and life style of the local people entice the travelers to explore it.
From Kathmandu, you will reach Lhasa on China Southwest Airlines after one hour flight across the snow capped Himalayas with mesmerizing views of the highest peak Mt. Everest and other summits. The immigrations and custom formalities at the Gonggar Airport will be handled by our experienced guide. After a two-hour drive to Lhasa crossing about 93 km you will be taken to a hotel for overnight stay.
It is preferred to spend our two following days in sightseeing of the beautiful city and Barkhor Bazaar as it will be easier to adapt with the temperature and altitudes of that place for us.
On the way, you'll get to view the beautiful settings of Tibetan Highlands and the Yarlung Tsangpo river valley travelling to Mount Kailash on the third day. On reaching the holy Kailash Parbat, you will be taken to visit the sacred Mansarovar Lake lying about 15 meters below the Kailash which is another important pilgrimage destination. The circumambulation of 53 km periphery of Kailash region is the ending of our pilgrimage. Then you will be driven back to Miteri Bridge (Friendship Bridge). From there you will be driven back to Kathmandu. This is how our tour will be over.
Kailash-The Mysterious Holy Peak; Mt. Kailash (6714m), which is considered to be the sacred abode of the gods and goddesses and the exact center of the entire universe by the people belonging to four different religions, Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Bonpo. It is believed to be the Soul of Universe which is responsible to protect the entire Universe as per ancient mythology.
For Hindus to make the arduous pilgrimage to Kailash Parvat and circumambulate the 53 km periphery is to get rid of all known and unknown sins ever committed in life. Hindus believe Mount Kailash to be the holy abode of Lord Shiva and goddess Parvati. Buddhist worship Kailash Parvat as the meditating spot of Lord Buddha and Jains believe that their first Saint obtain Liberation meditating at this region, thus though different religion people have different understanding about Mount Kailash, their ultimate faith is the dwelling of the superior power here. The mountain is also famous for its unique four-sheer like appearance like that of a handle of a millstone. The Buddhist symbol “Swastika” in its southern side added up the holiness of this Mountain.
Lake Manasarovar; 15 meters below the holy Kailash Parbat there is another pilgrimage destination, Mansarovar Lake. It is the most sacred Lake of Hindus. Mansarovar literally means 'the consciousness of mind' as per Sanskrit language. It is situated at an elevation of 4580 meters from the sea level. Mansarovar Lake is so gigantic that it takes at least three days to just go round its peripheries even for locals. It also holds an important religious space among the followers of Buddhism and Hinduism. According to Hindu mythology it is the bathing pond of Lord Shiva. Buddhist worship this lake as the source of enlightenment as lord Buddha is believed to have obtained enlightenment meditating at the shore of this Lake. One dip into the cold water of this holy Lake is believed, by Hindus, to relinquish the soul of all its sins thus carving a straight path to heaven after death. Ancient Hindu scriptures indicate this Lake as a must-visit place for those who want to attain Salvation. Many others also come to take a bath in the Lake with a belief that it will keep them youthful and strong forever.
Meeting point: Arrival day pickup from Kathmandu airport scheduled to your arrival timetable
- Total 53 km Kailash Parikrama / Kora/round, 38 km must be walk/trek from Yamdwar to Chongdo. There is no any car/bus and jeep service available. So, everybody should walk or ride horse. It is also possible to hire pony and local porter for 3 days.
- Age limit for enrolling Kailash tour is 12-65 year old for Indian passport holder. 12-60 year old people can only do Kora and 61-65 year old people can travel only up to Yamdwar. Although you don’t need any heath certificate from doctor but you need to be physically fit for Kailash and Mansarovar Tour.
- Your passport must have at least 6 months or more validation from travel date.
- Though popular as Shiva’s abode, we cannot see any temple of Lord Shiva but at Khojarnath there is the temple of Lord Ram, Sita & Laxman in Khojarnath. You can see Rashes Lake one the way.
- Hor - Chiu Gompa (Nearby Manasarovar Lake)- Darchen - Yamadwar - Darchen – Hor. Eco vehicle blue bus must be used compulsorily for travelling which can get from Nagri Tourism of Bureau in Darchen.
- We provide Pressure checking machine, Oxygen level checking machine, enough oxygen bottle, Mask-regulator, Altitude Gamo bag (Lifesaving chamber bag) & Medicine Dimox (Latitude medicine) for safe journey.
- Guests will be escorted to UNESCO heritage site for sightseeing.
- From Kathmandu, they take flight to Gonggar airport of Lhasa enjoying spectacular Mountain views.
- In Tibet, they will be taken to visit world’s famous monasteries and Potala palace.
- Historical cities of Tibet like Lhasa, Shigatse, and Saga will be explored by our guests.
- Driving via fine roadways we reach to Darchen from Lhasa.
- Dolma La /Dorma La 3636m is the highest pass throughout our Kailash Yatra.
- Exploring the sacred Mansarovar Lake, we round its 102 km periphery via blue bus.
- On the very first day, all Kailash Yatris will be taken to Arati Darshan in Pasupatinath temple with well known holy guide who can satisfy our pilgrims in both English and Hindi language about temple.
Kailash Mansarovar Tour - Itinerary
20 August 2018 Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel
21 August 2018 Day 02: Rudra Abhisek, sightseeing, Brief Kailash
22 August 2018 Day 03: Fly to Gonggar airport and drive to Lhasa
23 August 2018 Day 04: Sight-seeing Potala palace and Bharkhor
24 August 2018 Day 05: Drive Lhasa city to Shigatse 3782m- Hotel
25 August 2018 Day 06: Drive Shigatse to Saga 4640meter- Hotel
26 August 2018 Day 07: Drive- Manasarovar Lake full moon night
27 August 2018 Day 08: Morning Pooja & lunch drive to Darchen
28 August 2018 Day 09: Drive to Yamdwar and start walk Dirapuk
29 August 2018 Day 10: Trek to Dolma La 5636m.and Zuthul Puk
30 August 2018 Day 11: Trek to Chongdo and drive to Saga, hotel
31 August 2018 Day 12: Drive to Shigatse and over night at hotel
01 Sept. 2018 Day 13: Drive to Lhasa city overnight hotel Lhasa
02 Sept. 2018 Day 14: Drive to airport and fly back to Kathmandu
03 Sept. 2018 Day 15: Transfer Kathmandu airport final departure
Cost: Join basis / Privet tour
NRIs / tourist: 5 Star Deluxe room Radisson (International standard) hotel in Kathmandu
Package A: American citizen per person USD 3400 + Visa fee USD 175 - Total USD 3575
Package B: Canadian citizen per person USD 3400 + Visa fee USD 155 - Total USD 3555
Package C: Other citizen per person USD 3400 + Visa fee USD 85 - Total USD 3485
Single Supplementary USD 500 (If take single room) but not every place in Tibet.
NRIs / tourist: 5 Star Deluxe hotel in Kathmandu Nepali standard
Package A: American citizen per person USD 3100 + Visa fee USD 175 - Total USD 3275
Package B: Canadian citizen per person USD 3100 + Visa fee USD 155 - Total USD 3255
Package C: Other citizen per person USD 3100 + Visa fee USD 85 - Total USD 3185
Single Supplementary USD 400 (If take single room) but not every place in Tibet.
Hotel in Kathmandu
Package 1: Kathmandu: A, B, C 5 Star Deluxe hotel Radisson (Full meals)
Package 2: Kathmandu: A, B, C 5 Star Deluxe hotel Nepali standard (Full meals)
Hotel in Tibet Lhasa & in route
Lhasa Tibet: 4 Star Gyanggen hotel (Full Meals)
Shigatse: 4 star Gesar Hotel (Full Meals)
Saga: 4 star Bramaputra or Norling hotel or similar
Manasarovar Lake: Guest house or mud houses
Darchen: 4 star Himalayan Kailash Hotel – Wifi (Western style) room
Direpuk: Normal guesthouse: Shishapangma Guest house (Parikrama first day)
Zuthulpuk: Normal guesthouse (very basic) (Parikrama second day)
- Arrival Kathmandu, transfer- hotel, evening Arati Darshan
- Visits to Pashupatinath and Budhanilkantha (Jal Narayan)
- 3 night hotel in Kathmandu (double-bed sharing basis) full
- Fly KTM to Gonggar airport & transfer to Lhasa city, Tibet
- Drive to Shigatse, Saga & meet Nepali staff from overland
- Saga-Kailash tour breakfast-lunch-dinner make by our staff
- Lhasa, Shigatse - meals in local restaurant (full vegetarian)
- After Saga meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner) pure Vegetarian
- Hotel KTM 5 star, Lhasa to Shigatse, Saga, Darchen 4star
- Tibetan guide-Nepali guide speak fluently English & Hindi
- Cook who can preparing Indian dishes as your requirement
- Cook helper, assistant guide for Mount Kailash tour /Yatra
- Bus 16 – 29 seater for whole group travel to Kailash tour
- Support truck for carrying Kailash tour food & Nepali staff
- We have oxygen cylinder, mask- regulator emergency use
- We take basic first – aid - kit box altitude sickness Diamox
- Provides duffel bag, day bag and complete tour certificate
- Kailash travel permit and Tibet visa Mt. Kailash tour Yatra
- Rudra Abishek - hom with 11Braman Poojari in Pasupatinath
- Special Darshan in Pasupatinath after Rudra abhisek/hom
- 1 Pandit in Mansasarovar full moon day / Evening do pooja
- Personal expenses Kailash
- Rescue expense if required
- All personal equipment
- Down Jacket, Sleeping bag
- Visa & re-entry visa for Nepal
- Tips for staff, drives, guide
- Extra cost for natural disaster
Packing list For Kailash Yatra
- Back pack for 3 days Kailash Parikrama/Kora
- Enough warm clothing for Kailash Yatra /tour
- Basic medicines (minor injuries or life saving kits)
- Regular medicines that you have been prescribe
- Toiletries kit (Shop, Shampoo, Toothpaste brush)
- Water bottle / Thermos flask, hot water (2 litters)
- Sport shoes good for walk, gloves, torch light
- Woolen socks (minimum 4 pairs), Sunglasses
- Thermo cot undergarment, sun lotion, cold cream
- (Shirt, pants which is easier to be while do Kora)
- Rain coat or Umbrella, walking stick for 3 days
- Sweets, Zinger/garlic candies, dry fruits and etc
- Kindly consult your doctor and get yourself examined for Spiritual Kailash Manasarovar tour
- As Holy mount Kailash& lake Manasarovar is situated at high altitudes please start exercises like walking, jogging, yoga meditation and other breathing exercises in order to have a make successful holy tour
- Kindly get yourself a Travel medical insurance for this Kailash Manasarovar tour. Please make sure you cover yourself for emergency evacuation (helicopter), road transportation and hotel accommodation in the insurance.
- Every Yatri have Life, Medical, Rescue Jeep or Helicopter insurance before getting enrolled in Kailash Manasarovar tour. Do insurance at home country.
Oxygen is less at higher altitudes. The inclement weather and high altitude induces certain illness generally not encountered over the plains. Headache, nausea, lassitude, lethargy, breathlessness, general uneasiness [malaise], high irritability, light loss of balance, disorientation, incoherence and insomnia are a few. It is common to all irrespective of the age, sex and physical fitness. Gradual acclimatization is the best answer. Tranquilizers, sleeping dose and strong anti-biotic must be avoided. Some of symptoms indicate that the body mechanism is readjusting to new environments. The best idea is deliberately slow down all the activities and follows the following rules:
- Relax-do not exert, be excited, make rest
- Reduce talking each other
- Walk slowly – adopt one third of your speed and space.
- Keep your load light.
- Walk for 30 minutes and rest for 5 minutes
- Whenever you feel uncomfortable, just stop; rest and relax.
- Ignore the sudden outbursts of fellow pilgrims and avoid arguments.
- Observe silence with smile.
- Never go too high and too fast.
- Consume plenty of liquids; never proceed with an empty stomach.
- Chant a prayer or visualize everything around to suit your pleasant thoughts or put on the earphones and listen to your favorite music, Bhajans, chanting etc.
- Be careful not to catch a cold. It is better to be over clothed than under protected. En-route avoids taking bath or drinking water from Lake Streams or rivers, as your system is not conditioned for this.
- Protect yourself against dust and direct sunshine during the long stretches of driving. Face, feet and hands must be well protected.
- The uneven ground, steep slope and slushy banks are full of potholes. Do not combine walking and sight seeing together.
- Always listen to your guide or the one with experience. Never leave the group.
- On this trip, over exertion is to be avoided and drinking plenty of fluids is recommendable.
- 50% cancellation charges of the rate package cost incase cancellation is received between 7-15 days of departure.
- No refund in case cancellation is done after your Kailash permit and Tibet visa.
- A client on his/her own will make no refund or adjustment in the event of interruption of journey after commencement of the tour.
- Any changes in given itinerary requested by the client will be on chargeable basis.
- Extra accommodation in Kathmandu over 2 nights for Helicopter and 3 nights for via Lhasa as per itinerary due to early arrival from home or Kailash, rescue charges, medical bills are bill direct to Yatris.
- If the trip is disturbed in case of Visa/ permit problem create from Tibet, or any other reason, which is not in our hand, it is client’s own risk and clients pay all the expenses.
- During the Kailash Manasarovar tour, if any Yatri in case of sick or will cancel trip not doing complete tour, the package cost is 100% not refunded.