Kailash Helicopter Tour from Lucknow Full moon Mansarovar Lake on 27 July 2018(Guru Purnima)
Mount Kailash is significantly believed to be the abode of Lord Shiva and his wife Parbati by most of the Hindu people across the globe. People believe that, if one completes the pilgrimage to Mount Kailash and Mansarovar s/he will get rid of all sins committed knowingly or unknowingly, accomplishing the Ultimate Salvation-‘Mokshya’. Thus, to rinse off the vices of life, thousands of pilgrims perform this strenuous Darshan (divine view) of this religious place.
The world’s highest Plateau, Tibet of China is one of the most visited pilgrimage destination in the world. As it is a sacred home to Mount Kailash and Mansarovar, mostly pilgrims of five religions: Tibetan, Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Bonpo Religion encounter this spot with great faith. The snow capped rocky peak with an elevation of 6714 meters ‘Kailash Parvat’ forms part of the Trans-Himalaya in Tibet where the founder of these religions is believed to have been resided once. Every individual yearn to sojourn this pulchritudinous at least once in their life time.
Manasarovar Lake: A fresh water lake in Tibet, Mansarovar is situated beyond Mount Kailash. Compiled of two Sanskrit words, ‘Manas’: means mind or consciousness and ‘Sarovar’: means Lake, this Mansarovar Lake (4580 meters) has a deep spiritual and religious influence among both the Hindus and Buddhists. In Hinduism, this lake is a personification of purity. Ancient legends claim that one who drinks water from the lake is cleansed of all sins committed over even hundred lifetimes and will ultimately go to heaven after death. Buddhist believes that lord Buddha stayed and meditated near this lake and achieved Enlightenment. So, this jewel of Tibet is also believed to be the ‘Source of Enlightenment’. It takes three full days just to circumambulate the periphery of this mighty lake. The eternal limpid blue to emerald green colors of the lake with the simmering ripples and the Silvery glowing mountains entice the visitors with an indelible memory for life.
Monterosa is the only such travel company which undoubtedly assures you to make your pilgrimage an unforgettable experience of your life. It will be our great pleasure to facilitate your journey. We are always ready to serve you as per your convincing time and place. Here is our itinerary for this year.
Meeting point: After Arrival to Nepalgunja hotel as per your time table, you will be meeting by our staff.
- 53 km Kailash Parikrama / Kora/round, 38 km must be walk/trek from Yamdwar to Chongdo. There is no any car/bus and jeep service available. So, everybody should walk or ride horse. It is also possible to hire pony and local porter for 3 days.
- Age limit for enrolling Kailash tour is 12-65 year old for Indian passport holder. 12-60 year old people can only do Kora and 61-65 year old people can travel only up to Yamdwar. Although you don’t need any heath certificate from doctor you need to be physically fit for Kailash and Mansarovar tour.
- The minimum age restriction for other country passport holder is 10 years old while there is no such maximum age limit.
- Your passport must have at least 6 months or more validation from travel date.
- Though popular as Shiva’s abode, we cannot see any temple of Lord Shiva but at Khojarnath there is the temple of Lord Ram, Sita & Laxman in Khojarnath. You can see Rashes Lake one the way.
- Hor - Chiu Gompa (Nearby Manasarovar Lake)- Darchen - Yamadwar - Darchen – Hor. Eco vehicle blue bus must be used compulsorily for travelling which we can get from Nagri Tourism of Bureau in Darchen.
- Every Yatri have Life, Medical, Rescue Jeep or Helicopter insurance before getting enrolled in Kailash Tour. Do insurance at home country.
- We provide Pressure checking machine, Oxygen level checking machine, enough oxygen bottle, Mask-regulator & Medicine Dimox (Latitude medicine) for safe journey.
Helicopter Kailash tour from Lakhanau
20 July 2018 Day 01: All Kailash Yatri arrival in Nepalgunja from Lakhanau or any part of India.
21 July 2018 Day 02: From Nepalgunja, 45 minutes flight takes you to Simikot (2950m). Take Lunch and in the afternoon walk down to visit Shiva Temple for holy Darshan.
22 July 2018 Day 03: After having breakfast early in the morning, get down at Simikot airport to fly in a small helicopter with 5-6 seats from Simikot to Hilsa. It is 25 minutes flight. After crossing the Nepal-Tibet boarder drive to for 1 hour to Purang / Taklakot and stay overnight in hotel.
23 July 2018: Day 04: Relax and acclimatize yourself in Purang/Taklakot
24 July 2018: Day 05: Drive for 3 hours to Mansarovar Lake (4580m). Circumambulate Mansarovar and take holy bath in its water. Do Puja, rituals & drive to Darchen. You will stay overnight in 4 star Hotel.
25 July 2018 Day 06: Drive to Yamdwar (Tarboche) for 2 hours. It is the starting point of Kailash Parikarma. Trek to Dirapuk (4860m) by walking for 6-7 hours. Stay overnight at Shishapangma guesthouse.
26 July 2018 Day 07: Trek to Dolma La pass (5636m), Trek to Zutulpuk (4790m). It is 10-11 hours walk. Then, stay overnight at basic guesthouse in Zuthulpuk.
27 July 2018 Day 08: You should Trek to Chongdo then drive to Mansarovar Lake (4580m) and stay overnight at guesthouse/Mud house. (Full moon night in Manasarovar Lake)
28 July 2018 Day 09: In the morning, drive to Purang and Hilsa. From Hilsa, take Helicopter to fly to Simikot. If available, take flight to Nepalgunja, but if it is not possible, you should stay 1 night in Simikot So, Itinerary will be of 09 days. If arrival Nepalgunja, Transfer to boarder and good bye.
Cost; NRIs or Foreigners/tourists passport holder (group join basis / privet)
Per person USD 3000 + 175 Visa fee US passport holder = 3175
Per person USD 3000 + 155 Visa fee Canadian passport holder = 3155
Per person USD 3000 + 85 Visa fee other passport holder = 3085
4 star hotel Nepalgunja, Nepal, 4 star hotel in Taklakot and Darchen
Single supplement USD 250 per person (who use single room in Nepal)
Indian Passport holder (Group Join basis/ privet)
Per person INR 1,65,00 (minimum 17 Person) 4 star hotel in Nepalgunja Nepal,
4 star hotel in Taklakot and Darchen
Single supplement INR 3500 / 2500 person (who use single room Nepal
- 1 night- Nepalgunja, 1night Simikot double bed-sharing basis
- Nepalgunja - Simikot – Nepalgunja scheduled fixed wing flight
- Simikot-Hilsa-Simikot(Charter flight 5-6 persons) 1helicopter
- Tibetan guide for Kailash tour from Hilsa, Nepali team leader
- Supporting cooking team - assistant Sherpa guide for Kailash
- Life, medical insurance- Nepali team leader Kailash tour staff
- Chef cook (who can prepare vegetarian dishes) cook & helper
- All guesthouse / mud houses during Kailash -Mansarovar tour
- Deluxe luxury air-condition coach(India passport holder/NRIs)
- Support truck carrying Kailash food, luggage and Nepali staff
- Oxygen cylinder, mask - regulator Kailash for emergency use
- Upper Humla permit for helicopter and clients trekking permit
- Yak and yak man for mount Kailash Parikrama (Kailash Kora)
- All entrance and conservation fee of Nepal and mount Kailash
- A duffel bag, completed certificate for Mt. Kailash (if required)
- Travel permit and Tibet visa Kailash tour all Yatri, Nepali staff
- Baggage allow per person 15kg total who travel by helicopter
- Day back pack 3 days Kailash Kora
- Travel insurance for life and medical
- Nepal re-entry visa fee for tourist/NRIs
- Domestic excess baggage cargo cost
- Beverages(cold drinks & hard drinks)
- Photography and telephone charges
- Additional expenses incase-bad weather
- Emergency evacuation expenses in case
- Tips for Tibetan / Nepali guide and staff
- Sleeping bag, down Jackets
Packing list for Kailash Yatra
- Small back is pack for 3 days Kailash Parikrama/Kora
- Basic medicines (for minor injuries or life saving kit)
- Any regular medicines that you have been prescribed
- Toiletries kit (Shop, shampoo, toothpaste, tooth brush)
- Water bottle / Thermos flask for hot water (2 litters)
- Sport shoes good for walking for Kailash Kora, gloves
- Woolen socks (minimum 4 pairs) Torch light, rain coat
- Wool / Thermo cot undergarments for Kailash tour
- Shirt and pants which is easier to be while doing Kora)
- Sunglasses, Sun lotion/cold cream - Kailash tour/Yatra
- Sweets, Zinger/garlic candies, dry fruits, lozenges, etc
- Enough warm clothing for mount Kailash Yatra / tour
- Cancellation made up to 7 days before the trip departure will incur a 50% fee of the total trip cost
- Cancellation made less than 1 week before departure/upon arrival in KTM will be charged full price
Notice for Helicopter Route:
- Visa for Indian passport holder should be received from Chinese embassy in New Delhi.
- 5 days before departure, original passport must be sent to New Delhi office for assessment.
- If Indian passport holder lives out of India, Passport should be sent 5 days earlier in New Delhi, India.
- India to Kathmandu journey can be set with Voter Id as well and you will get your passport just a day before Kailash tour departure.
- If we do not receive your passport on time, you may lose your tour package as we cannot guarantee your visa.
- You cannot depend upon us for two cases, 1. Weather condition, 2. Tibet Visa and Permit.
- We recommend our Yatris not to take helicopter for Kailash Tour because of unpredictable weather. You may face difficulties on the way to Kailash and while returning back. At least 3 extra days should be invested for relax journey. The route of Nepalgunja – Simikot or Simikot - Nepalgunja has the most fluctuating weather condition. The cost of extra days exceeding the original itinerary will be added on the shoulder of the travelers themselves. The cost per day is USD 35 or INR 2200. Helicopter charge is excluded from this cost for the flight journey. The charger cost must be bear by the travelers if they wish to travel by helicopter.
- Every traveler must do insurance for rescue helicopter, land transportation and medical expenses.
- In case of delay of Visa from Chinese Embassy, the cost of extra day’s exceeding our original itinerary; accommodation should be bear by travelers.
- We request every traveler including NRIs not to choose helicopter route and follow Land route. The land journey will be from 01 September 2017.
In land route, travelers will have flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa. Then they will be overland to Shigatse then Saga and then Kailash Manasarovar circumambulation.
Or, we can directly fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa then to Ali airport from Lasha. Mansarovar Lake is just 200 km drive from Ali Airport and Mount Kailash is nearby Mansarovar. We will do Kailash and Mansarovar Circumambulation and return back.
- We organize Kailash-Mansarovar tour as per our guests’ interest and time schedule. We can make both Land Journey and Flight Journey. But, the extra cost excluding our original itinerary should be bear by the guests themselves. Booking is open at Monterosa Treks and Expedition for Kailash-Mansarovar Holy Tour. Haar Haar Mahadev.