Important Kailash Tour Information/Mansarovar Tour Information
INSURANCE FOR KAILASH TOUR
Medical Insurance, covering emergency evacuation and all medical expenses is must for Kailash and Mansarovar Yatra / tour. So, please get yourself insured before initiating this holy tour Kailash Manasarovar.
HEALTH PRE- CAUTION
At higher altitude area in Kailash, the amount of oxygen is less. Certain illness such as Headache, nausea, lassitude, lethargy, breathlessness, general uneasiness [malaise], high irritability, light loss of balance, disorientation, incoherence and insomnia etc may be induced in the inclement weather and high altitude area which generally is not encountered over the plains. This kind of problem can be seen in anyone irrespective of their age, sex and physical fitness. Tranquilizers, sleeping dose and strong anti-biotic must be avoided during this tour and gradual acclimatization is the best solution for these problems while some symptoms may also be indicating the readjusting of our body to new environments. Here are some best rules you should consciously follow to avoid such risks.
- Rest, Breathe easy, climb down ,do not apply, be excited
- Talk less, Observe silence with smiling every time if possible
- Walk unhurriedly– adopt one third of your speed and space.
- Take 5 minutes rest after each 30 minutes walk, keep your load light
- Stop immediately whenever you feel uncomfortable and relax for a while.
- Do not engage yourself in outbursts of fellow pilgrims, avoid arguments.
- Too high and too fast are both harmful.
- Never proceed with an empty stomach and consume plenty of liquids.
- Enjoy your favorite music, Bhajans, chanting etc in the earphone and you can
chant a prayer or visualize everything around to suit your pleasant thoughts.
- It is better to be over clothed than under protected to avoid catching a cold.
- Bathing or drinking water from Lake Streams or rivers en-route should be
avoided as your system is not habituated for this.
- Boots/Ked should be kept inside tent. Avoid dust and direct sunshine during
the long stretches of driving. Face, feet and hands must be well protected.
- The uneven ground, steep slope and slushy banks are full of potholes. Be careful
while walking and sightseeing together.
- Always be in group and follow your guide or the one with experience.
- Over exertion is to be avoided. Heavy warm clothing is most during winter.
This is not a trek or climbing expedition but a tour; therefore no specific level of fitness is required. Anybody can join this Yatra if they think themselves fit and have strong willpower. People suffering from cardiac or respiratory problems should consult their doctor. Morning and evening walks, jogging, stretching, meditation and regular exercise make the journey comfortable for all.
1. Kindly examine yourself from your doctor for this Yatra/tour.
2. Start excursing your body by walking, jogging, doing yoga and other breathing exercise to accomplish the Yatra successfully as you need to travel in high altitude area, Mount Kailash & Manasarovar Lake.
EMERGENCY RESCUE IN KAILSH
Only land transportation is there for the emergency rescue in Kailash as no any helicopter is allowed in any part of Kailash and Tibet even in case of an emergency rescue.
ACCOMODATION (NEPAL-KAILASH TIBET)
Accommodation during Kathmandu stay is on twin sharing based. We select the best categories of 3, 4 and 5 star hotels. But accommodation in Kailash region is very basic. You must adjust in simple guest houses and mud houses. Group sharing rooms are available at every place. Four people in minimum should stay in one room with separate beds and warm blankets. We can find few nice accommodations in Nyalam, Dongba, Darchen on the way in Kailash, which are provided in our deluxe package.
MEAL PLAN FOR KAILASH
Meal during Kathmandu stay is provided in package at same hotel where you stay. Meal in Kailash Yatra/tour package is all vegetarian. Our own staffs will serve you hot meal at every day breakfast, lunch and dinner on the way in Kailash Yatra/tour. You will get packed lunch while at Kailash Circuit (Parikrama/ Kora). You can also bring some of your favorite dry foods along the Yatra
Transportation depends on group size in Kailash Yatra. Deluxe and tourist buses are provided in Nepal and in Kailash region. 4 wheeler Van or Hiace Van is provided to the deluxe packages holders. Deluxe bus is provided as means of transportation in kailash region besides in big group.
STAFFS FOR KAILASH TOUR
Since our establishment, Monterosa Treks and Expedition (P) Ltd is a regular organizer of Kailash and Manasarovar Yatra. We have more than 60 regular and trained staffs engaged for a regular service. Highly professional and experienced leader, kitchen team and other first aid treatment trained members will be there in your team to help you.
Extra personal expenses may include Horse, personal helper (porter) for 3 days Kailash Outer / Inner Kora, personal expenses, Shopping, Telephone, Extra activities and Emergency rescue, Tibet group visa splitting from groups.
OTHER INFORMATION FOR KAILASH
1. You cannot bring any books, magazine, pictures about Tibet, Buddhism or about any Lama’s. Custom of China won’t allow entering with those kinds of books.
2. Do not bring any fresh vegetables, fresh fruits, liquids like Ghee, Oils because these stuffs are not allow entering from Chinese custom at Kodari Sindu Palcho, Hilsa (helicopter route Simikot)
3. Taking pictures, video in Chinese customs, Army and police station is extremely prohibited.
4. Follow the instruction of your guide while facing the inquiries and checking in every customs and check post. (your guide will give you instruction from first day)
5. Be polite and co-operative with every Nepali and Tibetan staffs.
1. A Small and light trekking bag, Water bottle / hot water thermos flask (1 /2/3 liter).
20 Celsius to min. -16 degrees Celsius), one should prepare accordingly. As the temperature varies greatly between day and night (from max. + 20 degrees)
Bring the following items with you: Woolen gloves, Balaclava, Sun hat, Thermal wear, Water bottle, Woolen socks, Towel, Light Jacket, Sunglasses, Sun cream, Torch with extra batteries/bulbs, Muffler, Mask, Raincoat, Sweater, Shirt/T-shirt & trekking shoes
1. Comfortable sports shoes/trainers (Good one Nike, Adidas other). Carry extra pair too and a pair of light Sleepers. Sandal for use evening/morning
2. Toiletries kit (Soap, Shampoo, Tooth brush, Toilet rolls, Towels for Yatra etc).
3. Sun screen lotion/cream/cold cream, Facial tissues, wet one (if needed yourself)
1. Torch, lighter, batteries, Plastic Mugs/Knife (If necessary yourself), Face masks/Dusk masks
PERSONAL & GENERAL ITEMS FOR COMFORTABLE AND ENJOYABLE JOURNEY
1. Your regular medicines if you are taking according your Doctor
2. Dark Sunglasses
3. Your favorite dry foods including Nuts, biscuits Kapoor /Vicks/Inhaler etc
4. Camera/Binoculars/Extra batteries
FIRST AID KIT AND OTHER MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS
1. Full first aid kit (typical backpacking kit for minor injuries/our guides will also carry).
2. Diamox Aspirin/pain killer medicine, Lip balm/ Vaseline/ Mustard oil, Plasters
3. Salt, Vicks for sore throats, chewing gums, Mints
Minimum 45 days advance booking is required to arrange Kailash permit and visa approval and issue Travel permit. You should deposit to pay USD 500 for NRIs/ Tourist and INR 15,000 for Indian passport holder of the tour booking payment in advance by bank transfer