Full moon night in Mansarovar Lake on 27 July 2018 (Guru Purnima)
Every living creature has unique way of showing their devotion and respect to their god. Human beings, being the most knowledgeable creature have a very distinct way of worshiping gods. Mount Kailash situated at China’s autonomous region of Tibet is considered as the holiest mountain of world by the follower of four different religions, Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Bonpo (Tibetan indigenous religion).
Hindus believe Mount Kailash as an exclusive abode of Lord Shiva and his wife Parvbati. Jain calls this Mountain as Meru Parvat or Sumeru- a place for attaining Salvation. Buddhist believes it as the dwelling of Lord Buddha and Bon religious people worship Mount Kailash as the savior of entire Tibetan people. Even a single glance at this Black Mountain is taken as the symbol of good luck. It is believed that the founder of Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Tibetan and Bonpo religion have resided and meditated here once.
Circumambulating the 53 km periphery of Kailash Parvat, situated at an elevation of 6714 meters is taken as a way of escaping from the vices of life. This arduous foot walk begins from ‘Yamadwar’ (Gate of heaven). Those who could not circuit the whole Parvat even return back rotating the Yamadwar. Tibet has become the world’s best pilgrimage destination as it is home to the sacred Mount Kailash and Mansarovar Lake. It is a dream of every pilgrim to venture this holy spot to rinse off their all sins which they have committed knowingly or unknowingly in their life obtaining Mokshya: Salvation. Hence every year thousands of pilgrims carve their journey to Tibet via Nepal.
Manasarovar Lake; Near Mount Kailash you can see a gigantic Lake called Mansarovar (4580m). As derived from Sanskrit language, ‘Manas’ meaning Mind and ‘Sarovar’ meaning Lake, it is mother of four prominent rivers in Asia namely, The Brahmaputra, The Ganges, The Sutlej and The Indus. According to Hindu mythology, this lake was formed in the mind of god of creator, Brahma and even a beast that bears the name of Mansarovar shall go to the paradise of Brahma. It has age long spiritual and religious significance to Buddhist as well. Buddhist believes that lord Buddha meditated near this lake and obtains knowledge about the reality of life. As per the Holy Scriptures, even a single dip into this lake can free you from the chain of the mortal life securing your place in heaven after death. It is an ultimate way of purifying your body and soul. Its water is considered as the purest one and drinking it makes you lifelong immune. Every devotee is eager to venture this holy Mount Kailash and Mansarovar Lake at least once in their life time. Travel Company, Monterosa is here to facilitate you for your life time unforgettable holy trip. Please feel free to contact us for further inquires. We are always at your service.
Meeting point: After Arrival to Tribhuvan International Airport at Kathmandu as per your time table, you will be received by our staffs.
- 53 km Kailash Parikrama / Kora / round must be walk/trek from Yamdwar to Chongdo, which is 38km. No any car/bus and jeep Service will be available so everybody should walk or ride horse. Pony and local porter can be hired for 3 days.
- One should adjust in basic service guest house, lodges/mud houses during Kailash tour
- Passport validation must be at least 6 month or more.
- In Kailash region, there is no any temple of Lord Shiva but we can see the temple of Lord Ram, Sita and Laxman in Khojarnath on the way to Mansarovar Lake which is 15 km far from Hilsa boarder Nepal Tibet boarder.
- Hilsa - Chiu Gompa - Darchen - Yamadwar - Darchen – Hor– Manasarovar Lake. Eco vehicle blue bus must be used compulsorily which we can get from Nagri Tourism of Bureau in Darchen.
Mount Kailash and Mansarovar Yatra with Helicopter
19 July 2018 Day 01: You will be welcomed by your staffs at Tribhuvan International Airport and taken to Hotel. In evening, there will be visit to Pashupatinath Temple for Arati. You will be staying overnight at hotel.
20 July 2018 Day 02: In Kathmandu, you visit to pay homage to the biggest Hindu temple, Pashupatinath. After that, there will be orientation of Kailash Tour. In Afternoon, you transfer to domestic Kathmandu Airport and fly to Nepalgunja (450m). It is 55 minutes flight and then overnight stay at Hotel.
21 July 2018 Day 03: From Nepalgunja, 45 minutes flight takes u to Simikot (2950m).
Take Lunch and in the afternoon walk down to visit Shiva Temple for holy Darshan.
22 July 2018 Day 04: After having breakfast early in the morning, get down at Simikot airport to fly in a small helicopter with 5-6 seats from Simikot to Hilsa. It is 25 minutes flight. After crossing the Nepal-Tibet boarder drive to for 1 hour to Purang / Taklakot and stay overnight in hotel.
23 July 2018: Day 05: Free day and acclimatize yourself in Purang/Taklakot
24 July 2018 Day 06: Drive for 3 hours to Mansarovar Lake (4580m). Circumambulate Mansarovar and take holy bath in its water. Do Puja, rituals & drive to Darchen. You will stay overnight in 4 star Hotel.
25 July 2018 Day 07: Drive to Yamdwar (Tarboche) for 2 hours. It is the starting point of Kailash Parikarma. Trek to Dirapuk (4860m) by walking for 6-7 hours. Stay overnight at Shishapangma guesthouse.
26 July 2018 Day 08: Trek to Dolma La pass (5636m), Trek to Zutulpuk (4790m). It is 10-11 hours walk. Then, stay overnight at basic guesthouse in Zuthulpuk.
27 July 2018 Day 09: You should Trek to Chongdo then drive to Mansarovar Lake (4580m) and stay overnight at guesthouse/Mud house. (Full moon night in Manasarovar Lake)
28 July 2018 Day 10: In the morning, drive to Purang and Hilsa. From Hilsa, take Helicopter to fly to Simikot. If available, take flight to Nepalgunja, and then Kathmandu and you will be transferred to hotel. But, if it is not possible, you should stay 1 night in Simikot or Nepalgunja. So, Itinerary will be of 11 days.
29 July 2018 Day 11: You will be taken to Airport from Hotel for your final departure.
Cost: Join basis / Privet tour
NRIs / tourist: 5 Star Deluxe room Radisson (International standard) hotel in Kathmandu
Package A: American citizen per person USD 3475 + Visa fee USD 175 - Total USD 3650
Package B: Canadian citizen per person USD 3475 + Visa fee USD 155 - Total USD 3630
Package C: Other citizen per person USD 3475 + Visa fee USD 85 - Total USD 3560
Single Supplementary USD 400 (If take single room) but not every place in Tibet.
NRIs / tourist: 5 Star Deluxe hotel in Kathmandu Nepali standard
Package D: American citizen per person USD 3000 + Visa fee USD 175 - Total USD 3175
Package E: Canadian citizen per person USD 3000 + Visa fee USD 155 - Total USD 3155
Package F: Other citizen per person USD 3000 + Visa fee USD 85 - Total USD 3085
Single Supplementary USD 350 (If take single room) but not every place in Tibet.
Indian Passport holder (Group Join basis/ privet)
Per person INR 1, 80,000 (17 Person or more) deluxe 5 star Radisson in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu arrival - transfer to hotel-welcome drink, briefing
- Darshan Pashupatinath evening arati - next day morning also
- 2 nights hotel Kathmandu-all meals-2 bed room sharing basis
- Hotels double bed sharing, guesthouse/mud house 4 bed room
- Kathmandu - Nepalgunja - Simikot-Kathmandu-scheduled flight
- Simikot - Hilsa - Simikot(Charter flight 5-6 persons) 1helicopter
- Tibetan guide for Kailash tour from Hillsa, Nepali team leader
- Supporting cooking team - assistant Sherpa guide for Kailash
- Life, medical insurance- Nepali team leader Kailash tour staff
- Chef cook (who can prepare vegetarian dishes) cook & helper
- All guesthouse / mud houses during Kailash -Mansarovar tour
- Deluxe luxury air-condition coach(India passport holder/NRIs)
- Support truck carrying Kailash food, luggage and Nepali staff
- Oxygen cylinder, mask - regulator Kailash for emergency use
- Upper Humla permit for helicopter and clients trekking permit
- Yak and yak man for mount Kailash Parikrama (Kailash Kora)
- All entrance and conservation fee of Nepal and mount Kailash
- A duffel bag, completed certificate for Mt. Kailash (if required)
- Travel permit and Tibet visa Kailash tour all Yatri, Nepali staff
- Baggage allowed per person 15kg total who travel helicopter
- Rudra Avishek - hom with 11Braman Poojari in Pasupatinath
- 1 Pandit in Mansasarovar full moon day / Evening do pooja
- Day back pack 3 days Kailash Parikram
- Travel insurance for life and medical
- Nepal re-entry visa fee for tourist/NRIs
- Domestic excess baggage cargo cost
- Beverages(cold drinks & hard drinks)
- Photography and telephone charges
- Additional expenses incase-bad weather
- Emergency evacuation expenses in case
- Tips for Tibetan / Nepali guide and staff
Packing list For Kailash Yatra
- Small back is pack for 3 days KailashParikrama/Kora
- Basic medicines (for minor injuries or life saving kit)
- Any regular medicines that you have been prescribed
- Toiletries kit (Shop, shampoo, toothpaste, tooth brush)
- Water bottle / Thermos flask for hot water (2 litters)
- Sport shoes good for walking for KailashKora, gloves
- Woolen socks (minimum 4 pairs) Torch light, rain coat
- Wool / Thermo cot undergarments for Kailash tour
- Shirt and pants which is easier to be while doing Kora)
- Sunglasses, Sun lotion/cold cream - Kailash tour/Yatra
- Sweets, Zinger/garlic candies, dry fruits, lozenges, etc
- Enough warm clothing for mount KailashYatra / tour
- Kindly consult your doctor and get yourself examined for Spiritual Kailash Manasarovar tour
- As Holy mount Kailash & lake Manasarovar is situated at high altitudes please start exercises like walking, jogging, yoga meditation and other breathing exercises in order to have a make successful holy tour
- Kindly get yourself a Travel medical insurance for this Kailash Manasarovar tour. Please make sure you cover yourself for emergency evacuation (helicopter), road transportation and hotel accommodation in the insurance.
- Every Yatri have Life, Medical, Rescue Jeep or Helicopter insurance before getting enrolled in Kailash Tour. Do insurance at home country.
Oxygen is less at higher altitudes. The inclement weather and high altitude induces certain illness generally not encountered over the plains. Headache, nausea, lassitude, lethargy, breathlessness, general uneasiness [malaise], high irritability, light loss of balance, disorientation, incoherence and insomnia are a few. It is common to all irrespective of the age, sex and physical fitness. Gradual acclimatization is the best answer. Tranquilizers, sleeping dose and strong anti-biotic must be avoided. Some of symptoms indicate that the body mechanism is readjusting to new environments. The best idea is deliberately slow down all the activities and follows the following rules:
- Relax-do not exert, be excited, make rest if need
- Reduce talking each other
- Walk slowly – adopt one third of your speed and space.
- Keep your load light.
- Walk for 30 minutes and rest for 5 minutes
- Whenever you feel uncomfortable, just stop; rest and relax.
- Ignore the sudden outbursts of fellow pilgrims and avoid arguments.
- Observe silence with smile.
- Never go too high and too fast.
- Consume plenty of liquids; never proceed with an empty stomach.
- Chant a prayer or visualize everything around to suit your pleasant thoughts or put on the earphones and listen to your favorite music, Bhajans, chanting etc.
- Be careful not to catch a cold. It is better to be over clothed than under protected. En-route avoids taking bath or drinking water from Lake Streams or rivers, as your system is not conditioned for this.
- Protect yourself against dust and direct sunshine during the long stretches of driving. Face, feet and hands must be well protected.
- The uneven ground, steep slope and slushy banks are full of potholes. Do not combine walking and sightseeing together.
- Always listen to your guide or the one with experience. Never leave the group.
- On this trip, over exertion is to be avoided and drinking plenty of fluids is recommendable. During winter
- 50% cancellation charges of the rate package cost incase cancellation is received between 7 – 15 days of departure.
- No refund in case cancellation is done after your Kailash permit and Tibet visa.
- A client on his/her own will make no refund or adjustment in the event of interruption of journey after commencement of the tour.
- Any changes in given itinerary requested by the client will be on chargeable basis.
- Extra accommodation in Kathmandu over 2 nights for Helicopter and 3 nights for via Lhasa as per itinerary due to early arrival from home or Kailash, rescue charges, medical bills are bill direct to Yatris.
- If the trip is disturbed in case of Visa/ permit problem create from Tibet, or any other reason, which is not in our hand, it is client’s own risk and clients pay all the expenses.
- During the Kailash Manasarovar tour, if any Yatri in case of sick or will cancel trip not doing complete tour, the package cost is 100% not refunded.
Hotels & Guesthouses In Above Package:
Kathmandu = Hotel Radisson or Hotel Shangri-La
Nepalgunja = Hotel Cynett Krishna inn /Hotel Sidhartha
Taklakot = Hotel Himalaya or Similar
Manasarovar Lake = Guesthouse (basic dormitory room)
Diraphuk = Shishapangma guesthouse (basic dormitory room)
Zuthulphuk = Guesthouse (basic dormitory room)
Hilsa Nepal = Guesthouse (basic dormitory room)
Notice for Helicopter Route:
- Visa for Indian passport holder should be received from Chinese embassy in New Delhi.
- 5 days before departure, original passport must be sent to New Delhi office for assessment.
- If Indian passport holder lives out of India, Passport should be sent 5 days earlier in New Delhi, India.
- India to Kathmandu journey can be set with Voter Id as well and you will get your passport just a day before Kailash tour departure.
- If we do not receive your passport on time, you may lose your tour package as we cannot guarantee your visa.
- You cannot depend upon us for two cases, 1. Weather condition, 2. Tibet Visa and Permit.
- We recommend our Yatris not to take helicopter for Kailash Tour because of unpredictable weather. You may face difficulties on the way to Kailash and while returning back. At least 3 extra days should be invested for relax journey. The route of Nepalgunja – Simikot or Simikot - Nepalgunja has the most fluctuating weather condition. The cost of extra days exceeding the original itinerary will be added on the shoulder of the travelers themselves. The cost per day is USD 35 or INR 2200. Helicopter charge is excluded from this cost for the flight journey. The charger cost must be bear by the travelers if they wish to travel by helicopter.
- Every traveler must do insurance for rescue helicopter, land transportation and medical expenses.
- In case of delay of Visa from Chinese Embassy, the cost of extra day’s exceeding our original itinerary; accommodation should be bear by travelers.
- We request every traveler including NRIs not to choose helicopter route and follow Land route. The land journey will be from 01 September 2017.
In land route, travelers will have flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa. Then they will be overland to Shigatse then Saga and then Kailash Manasarovar circumambulation.
Or, we can directly fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa then to Ali airport from Lasha. Mansarovar Lake is just 200 km drive from Ali Airport and Mount Kailash is nearby Mansarovar. We will do Kailash and Mansarovar Circumambulation and return back.
- We organize Kailash-Mansarovar tour as per our guests’ interest and time schedule. We can make both Land Journey and Flight Journey. But, the extra cost excluding our original itinerary should be bear by the guests themselves. Booking is open at Monterosa Treks and Expedition for Kailash-Mansarovar Holy Tour. Haar Haar Mahadev.